View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #318
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Hello, all. Been a while since I've been around but I thought I'd pop in and say hi and offer some thoughts (probably have done so in the past but I'm not in the mood to surf through this thread to see).

The community needs to recognize that the problems originate not with Wikipedia but within the community itself. Case in point, tonight a friend sent me a message that Accursed Lands was again using false information regarding their game on their Wikipedia page. From claiming to be an early RPI to denying that their so-called RPIMUD Game of the Year title was rescinded, it's an example of why this genre isn't taken seriously. The RPMUD Network has all but ceased operation due to the lack of interest from the community in peer-review and critical analysis of games (though thank you to those who did help out). Respectability comes not from self-attribution and self-manufactured sources but from recognizable sources and credible data. Manufacturing pages to cite in your article, ignoring that which doesn't comply with your claims and conspiracy theories about bias (I just know Accursed Lands is going to whine that I didn't log into Wikipedia to make edits as if that was some legitimate argument against them; I simply don't recall my login or password) don't lend respectability or creedance.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote