View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

Not everyone wants music and graphics. Graphic games and text have been running at the same time for a couple of decades now, and muds haven't died out yet. That indicates pretty strongly to me, that some people really just don't want graphics and music in their RP experience. If they did, they wouldn't be playing muds.

Some people like the option to do either - and so they play graphics games sometimes, and text games sometimes. Sort of like how sometimes I play text games, and sometimes I read a book instead. Because sometimes, I want to be directly involved in the story, and sometimes I just want to be the observer in someone eles's story.

I have -never- wanted to play graphics games, other than King's Quest series when it first came out, and Myst. I've never been interested at all, in multi-player graphics games. At age 52, I'm guessing I won't be suddenly waking up one morning with a burning desire to play one any time in the future either. I'm fully entrenched in text, and will remain happily and thusly entrenched until they tell me at the old age home that the computers are gone and I have to revert back to playing parchese with Nurse Dorothy and Marvin from next door.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote