View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Lets Talk about Voting - Shall we?

I'm not seeing any conclusive data here.

You logged into Aardwolf and collected how many hours worth of unique logins, to conclude that there are only 362 players?

You do know that a random sampling accounts for zilch in gaming, right? I mean, did you check each of these during their individual game's peak time? I mean, your post arrived here at 3 in the afternoon, eastern, on a monday. Surely you didn't only check at 1:15, when the vast majority of people in the USA are either at work, at school, or on their way home from school, right? When you say Avalon had 20 votes per hour, are you saying you sat at your computer clicking the refresh button every hour, to ensure that your data is correct? I mean, do you think it's possible that 40 people all voted one hour, and no one voted the next? Or maybe, 60 people voted just after supper time last night, and no one voted between 2-4am this morning, but another dozen voted again at 5?

The total number of people logged in at any given moment on a game, is subject to change at any given moment. Furthermore, when 5 people log out, another 5 people might be logging in at the same time. And you really have no way of knowing unless you are watching the "who" list every 5 minutes. Also, not everyone who votes, plays during the time they are voting. In fact, some people don't vote at all. And some people used to play a game and still love it, and vote for it, but don't play anymore.

Gemstone is on the listing and they have almost 10,000 paying accounts, but hardly any votes.

So in summary, back up your claim with actual data and not suppositions based on incomplete spot-checking.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote