View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #203
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Guidelines for an RPI mud.

And now we know you aren't even bothering to read anyone else's posts. I don't think anyone has said this, and certainly not "all."

And everyone else wants to be left alone and not attacked because of how they choose to label their muds, or how someone looking for a mud chooses to label his preferences (which is how this current debate got started). You don't have any problem using the even older term "MUD" when your games are nothing like the actual MUD. So get off your high horse.

You don't get to play the "leave us in peace" card when it is your crowd that launches all the offensives.

Again, we see you aren't reading anyone else's posts. How many mud admins here have been arguing this issue because they actually want to use the term for their MUD? My count is zero, though perhaps I missed one.

If you define "best RP" as abusive PK where the small crowd in charge permadeath PKs anyone new who joins into oblivion, then I would agree with you. If you define "best RP" as the small elite crowd in charge forcing everyone new to kiss their butts or have their characters repeatedly deleted via PK, then yes I agree with you. That is not how I define "best RP" though. Some people do definte "best RP" that way, and for them AFS muds are the perfect choice. If they want to bow down and worship 5-10 people for 4+ years so as to not be permadeath PKed, they have a set of AFS muds to choose from and enjoy. But that is a whole other topic entirely, and has nothing to do with this issue. I just didn't want to let you slide in yet another elitist spew without it being challenged.

You say it isn't personal preference, and then your next sentence starts with "For me."

Wake up. That is exactly what it is: personal preference.

As for OOC channels, do you think the other actors and audience members are not occasionally thinking about other things? Their laundry list? The bills they need to pay? That hot guy/chick in row 2? Etc. Every single time you try to argue that one of your PREFERRED FEATURES is inherently and factually "better", someone is able to provide examples of how it is not objectively better, but just your preference.

Preferences are fine. Preferences are great. But please, drop the arrogant belief that your preferences are objectively BETTER than everyone else's.