View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Nymeria

Nymeria is on a distinguished road
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

Sure you can kill people on a MUSH. There are plenty of non-consent MUSHes, I think most of the World of Darkness games fall into this category. You have to roleplay to do it, and it has to be ICly plausible, but plenty of people get killed via coded commands on this MUSHes as part of roleplay. And while Elendor isn't fully non-consent, plenty of characters have died there over the years when using the combat system. Which, btw, includes bows among the available weapons.

Coded mounts are uncommon, yes, because of how objects on MUSHes work, but I am not sure that its more realistic just because its code supported. Realism for me is about the quality of the poses, not the coded support. However, I do prefer that when there is coded support, it isn't too simplistic.

A MUSH isn't going to offer you the same things as a MUD, but "realism" is very much a subjective term in this discussion. Most MUSHers would say that MUDs are far less realistic than MUSHes because they do not require anything like the roleplay that a MUSHer is used to.
Nymeria is offline   Reply With Quote