View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: What are the differences between a MUD and a MUSH?

I don't see how it's subjective. Either you're roleplaying or your not. What is subjective is the type of player you encounter on any MUD or MUSH. You say you like fleshed out emotes that are well-written. That's a certain type of player. That has nothing to do with the quality of roleplay that the game as a whole conforms to. MUSHes tend to conform to a much lower quality roleplay standard because of the missing features. Code reinforces roleplay the same way a set reinforces an actor playing a role. Or the same way a sword reinforces the way a character is killing somebody. Or the way a pen is nice to have and be able to actually write something to down and have a physical written object from it. These are all things that reinforce roleplay and allow for a much more realistic world and realistic roleplay.

You'll find all types of people at muds and mushes, some are very good emoters (posers whatever), and some can't emote for ****. Some don't even speak english as their first language so I don't expect them to emote well, but I do expect them to remain in-character, else they can get in trouble with the staff for doing stupid things like using OOC to argue about something. OOC is used very limited by somebody who is truly staying in-character.

I could argue my point all day but I've argued this point before many times before I never get anywhere with certain threads so whatever.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote