Thread: New Space Game
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
Alexander Tau

Alexander Tau is on a distinguished road
Hail!

I have just within the last few weeks begun a new game project. The concept was inspired in part by a demo Mud called GalaxyMud and it's interesting orbital mechanics model.

Set in 2105 the game is Galactic in scope and combines elements from Star Trek, Star Wars, RTS games like Warcraft or Age of Empires, Flight Sims, Wargames, and of course Science Fiction Novels and Books.

The game is to be created in Persistant LPC via DGD, and will use the mudlib Phantasmal as a starting point. We are lucky enough to have the technical advice of the creator of Phantasmal.

We do not need builders in the usual sense of people who create Rooms and other such things. Rather we need people who can create Systems and do other programming types of tasks. However since we are planning a heavy Social side as well there will be much for the non-technically inclined to do if they are interested.

I have always wanted to do a game where true Exploration goes on forever. Our goal is 100,000 Stars and almost as many Planets to find, explore, possibily exploit, or even Live upon. The game is scaled to Space, so players will be able to expand their own personal abilities to remarkable levels.

Since this is a Role Playing game, we will have Staff members who are Game Masters to direct the action from behind the scenes. All Staff members will be able to play the game, many doing so as part of the major Storylines. Multiple characters are possible for those with the skill, and honor to handle them.

Only 3 levels of Staff: Admin, Senior Staff (GameMasters) and Staff. Team effort with everyone contributing as much as they are willing and able to do. Adults only, age is not a factor, maturity certainly is.

If any of this is of interest, please visit the Forum listed in my Signature. Full details of what we are planning, and who we currently are, can be found there. Advice and suggestions are welcome as well.

Oh, and the name of this game? "The Ultimate Galaxy"

A.T
(-)
Alexander Tau is offline   Reply With Quote