Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #138
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Jazuela: No reading comprehension? None at all?

I stressed that SoI comments were based on rumor/hearsay.

I have no direct experience with SoI, albeit, I am going to be playing it in the future. The hearsay/rumors moved it up on my list to be played significantly, I admit, but that does not mean that I know for sure one way or the other if it does.

Stop pulling Achaea's in this discussion, please. If you can't bother to read all of a post, don't read it at all.

Traithe: Hearsay/rumors. An aside, I tend to audit MUDs that have hearsay about license violations before others, and hearsay/rumors are the best ways to find out who does and does not I find. I could begin auditing MUDs from the TMC list alphabetically, but that is a lot of work as it takes me between 40 to 80 hours just to audit -one- MUD. Not very fun. Albeit, the rumors -did- get SoI moved up on my list to be audited, so there is a benefit for you from that.

As for the apparently offensive remark about SoI, my apologies. I did stress, however, that it was merely rumor. I will be editing the post, however, to remove SoI in a bit. Again, my apologies - I thought that stressing it as hard as I did that it was merely rumor would have less of a reaction from yourself.

Cierel: Too many levels of information.
Free
Pay for Perks
Pay to Play.

You can easily break up Pay to Play in at least as many levels of definition as Pay for Perks. At this point, that is irrelevant. Or perhaps this would be better.

Free
Optional Payment
Payment Required

Is that any better? It completely removes any argument related to the MUD itself, as either payment is required - subscription-based - payment is optional - perk-based - or there is no payment.

aardfrith: Same comment as Jaz - reading comprehension. I stressed in the post that it was merely rumors.

As for the_logos? I just plain don't like him. Period. I have to admit, I do hold some measure of respect for him due to his accomplishments with respect to MUDs, but that's only at what he would term a "professional" level. On a personal level, he disgusts me as he has the same beliefs as Vryce apparently with respect to advertisement, as well as the same god-complex as Vryce.

Feel free to flame that statement, but it's my honest opinion. While Achaea/the_logos has a moral advantage on Vryce, Achaea's at about the same level as him ethically - note KaVir's post.

I've mentioned it SEVERAL times in this thread. No logical debate, no real argument whatsoever. Just tons of logical fallacies with his only intent to gain advertisment for his MUD. Furthermore, he will not respond to points that are inconvenient to him. Even if he is completely dead wrong, he will make constant use of the strawman logical fallacy - he never addresses any strong points of his opponents, only the weak points. Only in trolls have I ever seen such a blatant lack of respect for an opponent on the internet.

####, I half-suspect Kimberly is a creation of his merely to gain publicity at this point.

-D

Oh yeah. And this post is not representative of any person, place, or thing other then merely myself. So there.
Dulan is offline   Reply With Quote