View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #17
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: Orson Scott Card obliterates J.K. Rowling

I just dont get this... it matters (and not to me I might add) to those who want to analyse the books, it matters to her as the characters matter to her. It will be a topic for those who want to analyse her books, the same as those who pour over a single sentence in a Shakespear novell and manage to write a whole dissertation about it.

Overall, I really think painting her a as a person who wants a little praise / reward for this comment about a loved character is a little silly. It strike me as looking to villify her for 'something' or in this case 'anything' and really scraping the bottom of a barrell.

And in terms of success and book sales, there really are not that many authors who can match her on sales per book title.

Harry Potter will be on my bookshelves forever, along with certain other classics by Gemmell, Tolkein, Eddiings, Feist, King and I will never ever stop recommending them to people, and chuckling as they read the first book, and then become a crack addict.. desperate to read the other 6 books.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote