View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Orrin

Name: Matt
Orrin is on a distinguished road
Re: Please recommend a MUD

Any of the Iron Realms games would be a solid choice. They are all of a high standard as you would expect from a (relatively) large commercial company. Their charging model is quite aggressive however and that does put many people off, but they remain among the more popular MUDs with good reason.

You could skim over some of the listings here for the top games and that will give you a good overview of what's around. Keep in mind the rankings aren't necessarily an indicator of quality, but usually games ranked high on TMS are at least reasonably popular, for whatever reason.

I'll also plug my own game while I'm here . Maiden Desmodus combines role-play and goal oriented play in a detailed custom setting. We have a skill advancement system that gives a bonus during your first 2 hours of play each day which makes shorter play sessions more attractive. We also have a lot of solo content, including a sequence of 20 tasks that fit an overall story, as well as numerous other quests (both one-off and repeatable) to discover around the game world. We've also got exploration, NPC hunting, crafting, PvP and political systems to keep you busy too.

While it's true that it takes more than a few minutes to know if a game is right for you, you can certainly rule many games out in that time. Also you will probably find that the more games you try, the clearer your preferences will become. I'd recommend you dive in and give some different games a try and take note of the different features you like and dislike.

maidendesmodus.com 4000
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote