View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Sheresh

Sheresh is on a distinguished road
Arrow Looking for a specific MUD

So a couple of years back I got into MUD's and found a game that I LOVED. It was called Blades of Virtue and it was a custom MUD. It was a fairly straight forward hack n slash type of MUD in it's own custom client where you could manage your inventory, skills, stats and HP/Mana. What I really liked about it was it was essentially a Medevil-Fantasy Action-RPG MUD w/o the fancy 2D/3D graphics. I spent a few months playing the game until it shut down due to disagreements between the developers.

I was hoping that someone else had played this game and could recommend me another MUD that is VERY similar to Blades of Virtue. I don't need epic quests or story lines, or forced RP, just a solid hack n slash with big bad monsters and even bigger weapons! I also am not overly picky on the amount of players as BoV had usually 5-25 people on max at any given time. It was definitely a small tightly nit community. The other feature that I really liked was the combat was not real time, that is, you swung or casted at the monster and the monster attacked you and then waited for you to attack again. I liked this feature a lot because it was quite easy to keep up with the text.

If anyone has any recommendations, please please please let me know. I am absolutely BUGGING to play another game like this.
Sheresh is offline   Reply With Quote