Thread: Trust networks
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 PM   #13
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
That is what The Pattern's End uses in modes of trust. I'm not sure if it's the kind of trust system you are thinking about, but the trust levels are from 0-6, and it's all about whether you can enter a guild area, draw from their donation's chest, etc. The immortals also have a system for trust where depending on your trust, you can edit areas or code on the MUD. We have three implementors, and I think those 3 set the trust for the other immortals. The immortals also select who is going to be the head of a guild, and they always have a nice system to choose the right person. They give the guild leaders a trust of 6 (the highest) and then they can set all the guild members to what they want to (trust level 5 allows the person to set the trusts of fellow guild members).

I find it a very good system. If you think people are going to take advantage of the system... Well, the immortals and guild leaders would be fired if they abused a system. Two, they wouldn't select someone who would do that, and keep them in business.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote