View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Visti

Visti is on a distinguished road
I'm a pretty experienced mudder and roleplayer, so I've been around quite a few muds, but safe for very little (none still running, I think), none of them could give me quite what I wanted.

My ideal MUD would have an all-roleplaying enviroment with no mob-hunting for experience at all. Experience could be handed out by watchers or storytellers for roleplaying your character well. Similarly, I would like all combat to be mostly roleplayed and maybe watched by a storyteller who rolls the virtual dice and whatnot. Actually, I would like a MUD with very little focus on combat.

The setting doesn't matter that much to me, as long as it calls for some challenging roleplaying (I do have a certain fondness for WoD-type settings, though and wouldn't at all mind a modern day type thing). I'm so tired of running around slaying goblins and imps to level up and then -maybe- get some roleplaying. Even if it's just in the newbie-area it still bugs the hell out of me. I would kill for a MUd without any mobs and just roleplaying. The only one I feel that accomplished this to a good level is the now closed Amaranth.

But does anyone run a MUD like that? Or know of one? I would like it not to be a TinyMush-type codebase. I just can't seem to get familiar with them.

A decent playerbase wouldn't be bad either, but I really don't mind that very much.

-Visti
Visti is offline   Reply With Quote