Thread: $20 (USD)/Zone
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 01:44 AM   #37
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
the_logos:
You hope that is why.  I wish I could remember where I read the survey, but about 3-4 years ago a study was done within Fortune 500 companies, and it was found that "Benefits" was the #1 reason why disgruntled employees stuck around a job they didn't really like.

the_logos:
I don't believe that is what Molly meant.  When I read your posts (and I suspect when others do as well), your attitude towards builders seems flippant.  "Coders are better, Builders are just regular people" is what it seems your saying.  Now don't go quote me quoting you, quoting me ... I know you didn't say that word for word, but that seems your attitude.  The Fact is good builders usually don't make good coders, and good coders usually don't make good builders.  They have different sets of qualities, which make them good at different things.  And a MUD wouldn't exist without both.  There are many MUDs that have great machnics and horrible areas, or vice versa.  So a callus, flippant attitude towards either seems dangerous.

As for the horrific situation you described the_logos, I don't think that has anything to do with the discussion up until then.  The discussion was more about disgruntled builders and situations that could possibly be handled or discussed.  Because, in a situation like that, I would think you would want to remove his/her areas since just seeing the name of the person could invoke further problems/harm.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote