View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #44
Maraz

Maraz is on a distinguished road
>Ilkidarios
Firstly I don't think the idea was that women were forced to play a female character. I don't really understand the point you a trying to make if that's not what you thought.

Secondly I don't think that there has been really much gender war or flaming in the posts I read. Infact for such a sensative issue I thought the thread had stayed remarkably civil.

>Fifi
I think you answered this question with your second post, the struggle could be one way in which it is interesting. However I don't see why it shouldn't be interesting to play out the life of someone who is opressed and accepts it. Sure you wouldn't want to be that person, but roleplay can be simply about exploring different cultures and lives. It might not be fun for everyone, but I think it is fair to challange the idea that MUDs have to be an escape where you live a better life. I don't play MUDs because I want to get away from the real world, I play MUDs because I want to make up characters and create stories. Maybe I am in a minority, but I know I'm not alone.

No, England.
Maraz is offline   Reply With Quote