View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #11
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
My first RP'd character was named Bastien, nearly five years ago, on Armageddon. He walked directly out of the gates, weaponless, and was promptly thrashed by a scrab. By some miracle, he escaped and made his way back to the city of Allanak where he was found, bloody and bruised, by a famous Sergeant of the T'zai Byn named Sujaal.

He begged entrance and was admitted to the mercenery's organization as a Runner, and began to fumble through training. Newbie that I was, he was soon convinced by another wayward Runner to go on a killing spree in the Labyrinth. We were soon run out of there by the Quarter's gangs and made our way back to the Byn compound.

At the gates we found Sujaal waiting. We had taken off our uniforms in order to not be spotted entering the Rinth, so he nailed us for that. When it came out why we'd taken them off, he offered us the option of expulsion or a whipping. Bastien chose to leave, cursing Sujaal and the Byn. When Sujaal threatened him, my character spit on him and ran away, shouting about vengeance.

Riding away from the city with a slightly better grasp on the game than his first outing, my character headed north, for the city of Tuluk. Hell-bent on outrunning the Byn squads he was sure were in hot-pursuit after the verbal lambasting of their Sergeant, he left the gates and rode directly north, unaware of the horror that I.

Bastien's life ended at the bottom of the shield wall, the victim of a long drop and a short stop.

And suddenly, I was addicted.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote