View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 12:27 PM   #1
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

During the past six years, we've invited quite a few people on our games at jointhesaga.com to ... how shall I put it? ... seek entertainment elsewhere. Just to spotlight a few:
<ul>
- The guy who couldn't stop shouting "FAGORT!" on our Public discussion channel.
- The guy who kept walking in and out of roleplaying scenes, kicking people for no apparent reason.
- The guy who blew up La Terre.
- The guy who kept ejecting out of starships that didn't belong to him.
- The guy who got assassinated and then embarked on a campaign of truth to bring us all down, rarely to be heard from again while our games prospered.
- Every guy who ever wrote a terrible bio - from the Godfather pimp to Zizu the monster slayer.[/list]
From now until Nov. 3, however, we're opening the doors of our games to these people again. Why would we do such a thing? Why? Simple! For all their faults, none of these people has ever, to our knowledge:
<ul>
- Driven a world superpower into record-setting deficits.
- Launched a war against a country without any evidence that it had done harm or intended harm to the United States, thus creating a chaotic situation in that country so that now there's ample evidence people who dwell there want to harm the United States.
- Imprisoned people without due process.
- Overseen the worst economy since Herbert Hoover.
- Purposefully, repeatedly and stubbornly mispronounced the word "nuclear."
- Suffered difficulty chewing a pretzel to such a degree that they nearly choked on it.[/list]
That's right. None of these people are George W. Bush. For that reason alone, I'm lifting the moratorium for one week only. If players who aren't George W. Bush want to come back into the fold at jointhesaga.com's games - OtherSpace, Chiaroscuro and Reach of the Empire - they're invited to do so. Just log on, create a character and get back into the mix. If a sitelock is in place, drop me a note at so I can remove it.

Remember: This offer is only good until Nov. 3. Because, after that, if all goes well, George W. Bush will have all kinds of free time to play MUDs ... and I'll want to let him in too.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote