View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:34 AM   #41
noodles

noodles is on a distinguished road
A natural aspect of providing a service rather than releasing a standalone product.

In any case, I think what I take from this discussion with regard to what I put out there as a possible 'next level' for MUDs, is what I have taken from all MUD discussions on new ideas or directions I have been involved in.  To do anything requires an amount of work, and until you have done it and shown that it can be done, all you are going to get is speculation about how it can be done badly or why it might not work.  Which is perfectly justified, given that there is nothing of substance to show otherwise.

But I was more interested in any other parties who might have gone someways similar, or be heading there, than doing it myself.  Like Medieval Kingdoms; it is a pity they are not more open about their efforts.  I agree 100% with the comments about the only people likely to do it being people who have fleeting interest and the only way I could see myself working on something like it, is if I were employed to do so.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote