View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
Sasca

Sasca is on a distinguished road
Re: Why I Left Your MUD- A Newbie's Persepctive

Thanks for the comments and suggestions of games- I appreciate it. As I said, my post was not meant to target any one game- just to point out some of the things that I have experienced and been frustrated by when searching for a new game. I know that there are MUDs/MUSHs out there that are quality and great fun for a lot of people; my comments are clearly (I hope) just notes from my own experiences in trying to find the right game for me. I'll keep searching, of course, as I really enjoy MUDs and have had some great times on places that are now sadly defunct.

One thing that would be very helpful for a player that's looking- aside from people being honest in their descriptions of their MUDs and making sure that said descriptions are relatively up-to-date- would be viable connections to their websites, even if the website just gives a general overview of the game. I don't know how difficult (or costly!) it is to maintain a website, but it's one of the first things I look at if a game sounds remotely interesting.

The search goes on- MUDding is simply too much fun to miss out on!

Sas
Sasca is offline   Reply With Quote