View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

You didn't mention big stuff like monster-killing and genre, so I thought I might throw out something completely different: Otherspace.

RP - Our game is rp-enforced, with rp revolving around three elements: admin-driven macro-plots, player-driven micro-plots, and boatloads of one on one or small group everyday roleplay. My own faction just wrapped up a three month plotline about a revolutionary group trying to topple the government, and there was political rp, social rp, and very intense military rp, and more logs than you could probably read in a week.

Pay-to-play - We have stuff like books and t-shirts you can buy out of the game, but it doesn't affect your character in-game.

Immortals - We have a well-liked immortal staff, though obviously you'd have to check with our players, as I'm biased in that regard.

Mythos - Check out Not only is our history one of the best-thought-out themes around, it has more depth than almost any other game on TMS, and is changing and adapting daily, if not hourly. It is occasionally considered one of our weaknesses, as it can occasionally be a hurdle for a new person to fully immerse themselves in the world.

World Development - All of our rooms are entirely original, being an original theme, and I'd like to say that they're desced well.

Alignment - We don't utilize alignment at all, and some of our most popular players seem good to some, and evil to others. It all depends on what you value, and what side you're on, or if you're on a side at all.

PK - PK is available, but enforced by logic. Hang out in the frontier and brandish weaponry, and you may be shot and killed. Hang out in the cities and the more civilized areas, and there's very little chance of that, as law enforcement is often right around the corner. PK doesn't run rampant because our game runs in real time, and nobody really wants to wait out a ten year jail sentence. As such, we have no grief-PKers, but when there is PK, they can pretty much take what they like, just like in real life.

Size - We have anywhere from ten people at low points, to forty or more at high points, which is often much more than enough for getting rp whenever you want it without ever feeling impersonal.

Permdeath - As I mentioned earlier, we do have permdeath. When you're dead, you create a different character with no relation to the previous one.

If you're interested, head to and take a look at the New to Otherspace? Tab in the upper right corner.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote