View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: New to MUDs and Forum...

I used CMUD with its built in mapper, or standalone ZMAPPER for when I am playing games or dungeons with manageable sizes.

And in game to try dont forget

Godwars II - No rp whatsoever.. at all... none..zero.. period.. did I mention no RP? but the most amazing customisation features I have seen. 100foot demon, you can be one, rip off someones arm and beat them with it.. done.. gobble your opponents during combat to restor energy.. you got it oh you acn also be a good guy too.

Newworlds - and even though he is bashful and not pluggin his own mud, which noone should be ashamed of, Newworlds is also very easy to get into, and from my few experiences is fun to play with some good RP

Wheel of Time - If you like the books, you will love this game. The entire world of Robert Jordan explorable and you can be whatever you want.. but if you want to be a male channeler.. you WILL go mad as the taint takes you

Primordiax - The new kid on the block, but already dripping polish and a nice flash interface to play with. MUD meets MMO type gameplay with RP, with, as mentioned in previous posts great crafting .

If statless play, permadeath, story telling is your thing then maybe you should go for Shadows of Isildur or Armageddon but these tend to have steep learning curves and frustration in the early days but if you can persevre apparnetly the most satisfying rewards in terms of interactive fiction which appears to be your thing.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote