Thread: LFM
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #12
Suicide Boy

Suicide Boy is on a distinguished road
Re: LFM

I only meant that Realms of Despair allows multiplaying; I wasn't applying that qualifier to any of the other MUDs mentioned in the same sentence. I realize that Aardwolf is one of the largest MUDs out there. I didn't list those MUDs in exactly the order of their average population -- I gave the IRE MUDs a position of especial prominence because I feel that, as a whole, they have a larger presence in the MUDding community than does Aardwolf. I was aiming for a general overview, not exact statistics for each game.

I've been over that list many times. I'm fairly sure we both know what's on it. You seem to be trying to prove a point to me, but what? I know what the "normal population" is like at every tier of the "top 100" (which, again, includes some muds not even listed on MUDstats).

I agree with Ralph's sentiments, and I agree with you as well. Is there a point of contention here? It feels like I'm arguing about something, but I'm really not sure what.

I think I should stress that my preference for MUDs with fairly high populations doesn't mean I dislike MUDs with smaller populations. When I said "disregard" earlier, I feel as though some folks thought I was saying, "They don't matter." What I meant is that I tend to overlook them personally, not on purpose or because I think they don't matter or aren't worthwhile. It's a habit of mine (a fault, if you will) that colors the things I say about MUDs in general.

As for their "right to exist," I'm all for MUDs with tiny populations, believe me. I just don't feel I can have as much fun playing them personally. I'll tell you what, though: I'll go try a few very small ones (seriously, not flippantly) in order to get some additional experience with them.
Suicide Boy is offline   Reply With Quote