View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:00 PM   #7
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
Ditto.

I've only ever sworn off one mud though, and it was actually precisely because of the boards there, so ...

And it wasn't long ago either, so God only knows if I will go back eventually, but I think not. I held off searching for a new mud Home for years because I kept going back to it and because finding and getting used to a whole new mud is a pain in the backside, but I did it and can say that I am much happier now.

For me a big part of the game is the community of people I play with. This incidentally is why I have a hard time enjoying Shadows of Isildur. It's a great game, with some truly cool features. I especially like how they pulled off weather. If it is raining, you know it's raining. You don't ever have this thing when you are rp'ing blue sky and sunny days and then look and it is actually raining on you.

But without the ability to chat at idle times, I end up poking around on the web and the next thing you know I am not playing anymore.

I have this whole flow of consciousness thing going on here... Sorry that last was a bit off topic. But yeah, community and familiarity, that is what draws me back when it happens.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote