Thread: RP Pet-peeves
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 07:54 AM   #41
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I've never played a "stock game" that had a OOC command called "tell", and had no idea what you folks were talking about. The only game I've ever played that had -any- command called "tell" is Armageddon. The tell command there lets you address a specific person when you're talking to them in the same room.

Sitting on the couch beside him, the red-haired girl tells the green-eyed man, "It's good to see you again, uncle!"

That is the -only- tell I have experience with.

As for global OOC chat channels, yeah I agree. Since the thread is asking about RP pet peeves, and not non-RP pet peeves, I think global OOC chat channels totally distract and detract from RP. We have an OOC command that sends your message to the room you're in. It's distracting, but it's currently the only way a new player can get help in the game from other players.

Some of us have been pushing for OOC to be directable, so when the newbie asks.. OOC I'm not sure what to do next, can someone help me?.. whoever answers can ooc (red-haired) Yeah..let's go somewhere else so I can help you.. and the only person who would see the OOC response is the red-haired guy.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote