View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
MightyK

MightyK is on a distinguished road
Turnkey Codebase?

Hello everyone.

I'm looking to design a MUD of my own. I have nearly the entire thing mapped out, from classes to combat to leveling to spells to races to the map itself...

But I'm no coder. I don't know if I can ever become good enough to be a coder.

So I ask you, what is the easiest codebase to work with? Are there any codebases that are super intuitive, or very easy to change? I'm thinking of something where, the code is made, and you basically can work with templates. Anyone know something like that?

I'm currently working with CoffeeMUD and enjoying it, and have a fair amount built, but I am aware of its large memory profile and other problems. The biggest one I've found with it, actually, is a 255 character limit for descriptions which really bugs me because I want this MUD to be RP-enforced.

EDIT:

I thought I'd add that I have also tried Dead Souls and really like it and all the helpful people, it just seems a bit complex... I don't know how to begin building a Guild/Clan system for it, for instance.

Is there any system with drag and drop modules? Like a customizable library, is what I"m hoping for.

I really love the feel of Threshold and other RPI-types, for instance, BPII, NWA, other LPs etc.

Last edited by MightyK : 04-18-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added info
MightyK is offline   Reply With Quote