View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
SteveOofDFC

SteveOofDFC is on a distinguished road
Re: Please Help Find!

I was Crucify, and it is very good to see you again Ziorus!

Well, to be specific, I was Sandmann primarily when I played Chaos, though I had an orc named Time, a lizard named Magni, a gnoll, and my goblin named Gollum (one of the ones around pre-bombs who helped, unfortunately, to get bombs banned by using them in Kaid with Sentinel).

In Evil I was Crucify, half of Satireii, and I had a few other toons...Andreas the Nosferatu, Matchello the Coven Vamp, and some others, as well as an upcoming sin/revenant combo that I never got to fnish because the game was cut short.

Yes, I know that Cyra will be my only real comparison and I hope it's all we wish for. At the same rate from much of what I've seen it will not be what we, or at least I, want. They're looking to add in many of the complexities of the popular MUDs out now (I'd play them if I wanted those features) and trying to make it very WOWesque. They are not implementing tap, taking out the nuking classes (half of the fun of DFC was that the nuking classes made it so fast paced, a facet which Mythic has perpetuated in DAoC to make it the most successful PVP out there as I understand it). They want to add in a way to make it so that you can't get 0d and just run off, which is retarded and provided many nights of shaky-handed adrenaline rush fun for me while I was playing (nothing like having an inventory of l337 gear or an idol and getting 0'd to start ya freaking out on your keyboard). The things that really mad you give a damn about the game....the loot and idols being two that seem to be persistant in Cyra....are not going to be present. If this new system is implemented in Cyra for blocking or 'engaging' as I believe they call it, then one may as well log off if they're in UG in good gear and find out there's an invader. There won't be testing the odds to get to the bank. At the same rate, there won't be late night solo or 2-3 person invasions with the nuking classes gone. No imp to randomly hop off a boat and set the whole realm abuzz, no wizard to jump off and tele and make you wonder, "How far away from me is he, how much fat and mana does he have, and should I be changing, logging, or hunting him?"

It seems like it will be a fun, stand-alone game for those who get tired of Achaea, Aetolia, Dungeon Age, actually, anything with a medi-eval or fantasy set theme that is a MUD. At the very least I think it'd be better to go with as close to a carbon copy of DFC as possible and then build from there, but starting on the other end of the field just leaves me not wanting to read the Cyra boards as every post leaves me with a deeper realization that unless I become significantly wealthy I will never again feel exhileration from a game such as I did from DFC.

And I would be happy to speak to any and all DFC players, my AIM (though I'm rarely on) is ZeroKelvin1134 and if you contact me on there somehow I'll give you info to Facebook me.

And Gorto, I remember the name...just can't remember what you were. But the name is definitely there. If I say revenant I know I'm thinking of Gator, if I say troll I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the guy from Mortal Kombat with 4 arms, so I can't quite place ya haha
SteveOofDFC is offline   Reply With Quote