View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #49
Verbannon

Home MUD: Shadowgate
Verbannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Verbannon
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

By the way, I'm not a MUD vet, I am 21 right now and started when I was 15-16. I have no clue what purist is by the way. i just know why I started looking at MUDs.

Okay I kind of get what you are going for. Someone browsing around casually, looking for something fun to spend their time on. So you get yourself on someplace like kongregate and get yourself an app, so now you have the foot traffic. Then you get yourself the graphics so new people have this sense of familiarity.

So you've gone and did all this effort. And work and time spent. A massive commitment. So now these people are trying your game out where they haven't before.

When they start playing, what is it about your Mud do you think is going to 'keep' them playing. What unique, can't find outside of a MUD experience they are going to have in the first day of playing, in which they are trying to give your game a chance to see if they enjoy it? Instead of them just thinking its some sort of weird clunky MMO?

Because honestly when I look at the visuals I'm thinking 'Holy Freak! Thats a huge commitment of time, money and general resources!"

Also unrelated, are there any Hybrid Muds out there with like easy to modify 8 bit graphics?
Verbannon is offline   Reply With Quote