View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #30
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
It's creator, not creater.
It's MUD, not mud or Mud. It is case sensitive, because "mud" is just dirt mixed with water. MUD is an acronym that stands for Multi-User Dungeon.
It's MUDding, with 2 "d"s.
Creating a mud involves mixing water with dirt, as above.

In most cases, I don't bother trying to correct someone's spelling because it is rude to do so. But in your case - dood - if you don't even know how to spell what you're looking for, you probably shouldn't be trying to utilize the results.

If you had tried any of the following you'd have found tons of stuff, as I did:

MUD
MUD creation
coding MUDs
MUD codes
text games creation
text games codes

and made it case sensitive in the search options. I'm not a coder, nor do I own a MUD, nor have I ever had any interest in either. I'm also fairly new to the MUD world, having been secluded in a pay-to-play for 6 years before venturing out and learning that other types of text games existed. And yet, I had no trouble at all figuring this stuff out.

Now you know for next time though, but honestly for someone who claims to spend most of their life in front of the TV or on computers, your computer skills seem lacking. I would bone up on basic understanding of search engines before even thinking about creating a mud.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote