View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 10:27 AM   #3
John

John is on a distinguished road
Smile

I have one word and a link to say to you:

I'll going to go through all the points that you mentioned saying how Armageddon incorporates them.

It's completely free, and levelless. If you want to create a character who is good at listening, sneaking around, seeing if anyone has entered the room. Then you can develop a character like that, however unless you also have him training his combat, s/he's going to suck, big time.

Cause I'm too tired and lazy to describe it, I'll pick a quote from it.
It has a detailed character creation system, with needing a main description, short description and a background. However it does have a waiting period of AT THE MOST 24 hours.

It's very newbie friendly with all of the documentation, as well as being able to e-mail players and ask questions or post on the message board your questions which the players and/or staff will answer.

The combat system is automatic. However there are some distinct differences. It doesn't show how much damage is done, it shows a description instead e.g. "you lightly graze the scrab on it's leg". You can however view your HP, Movement points as well as Stun points and be given a numerical value.

IMBO (in my biased opinion) it is extremely well written. It does have repetitive room descriptions, however out in the desert, this is on purpose to help make players get lost.

It does have the alias command (which allows you to set a complex string into a short word) with an emote system like no other.

It has very little OOC communication within the game. On the website is the General Discussion Board, where everyone goes and talks. The different sections within the board are:
* General Discussion
* World Questions
* Roleplaying Questions
* Code Discussions
* Helpful Hints
* Ask the staff
* Help, I'm a Newbie!
* Announcements
* Idle OOC Chatter
* General Clan Talk

For newbies, we often suggest you join the T'zai Byn which is a mercenary clan, because if you try to go and fight NPCs (aka mobs) chances are, you will die. If you go with a group of people, you'll probably be killed, then looted by them.

This probably sounds like a PK mud, but it isn't. The roleplaying is exceptional, and people will only try to kill you if it's IC. You don't have very many nice people, however quite a few won't kill you, at least not out in the open, they'll hire assassins, or plant illegal drugs on your body so the templarate can find you and execute you.

Hope to see you in Armageddon.
John is offline   Reply With Quote