View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #69
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Normally, I would agree. However, in this case, she brought her family into it. Her own words were:

"Of course I support him, he is my husband. However, I really can't speak with all honestly about what happened before 1995 because I wasn't around. For that information I rely on what Vryce tells me. I'll leave it at that."

She made her marriage to him a reason for her position and she openly claimed that she depends upon him for her interpretation of the facts.

I can honestly say that if my wife committed an act that others found questionable, I would trust her to tell the truth. However, if facts came to light that shed a shadow on her position, I would investigate for myself, without reserve and without the position of trust. When I realized she was not telling the truth, I would not stand up for her, regardless of marriage. She would have, by committing an unethical act, forfeited that trust. One act of dishonesty can be a sign of more and one unethical act can point to others. Trust, and defense of another, can not be built upon anything but honesty, be it between two people or between a person and the world.

Take care,

Jason