View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 02:09 AM   #8
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
I have on two occassions recruited a family member, though both circumstances were different.

In the first example, I recruited a friend of mine to play the nephew of my character. However, the situation with my character meant that neither of us could publically recognize the family relation which led to two types of RP with them: publically, we'd act like strangers while when alone we'd talk like an uncle and nephew would about family, back home, etc.

The second time I recruited a family member, it was through marriage. Basically, my current character on a game is related to another friend's character through marriage (his character's cousin being married to my character's brother). However, our characters are very different people so there's a different dynamic being non-blood relatives than in the first example I gave.

For all of my characters, I've created in-depth backgrounds with biographies for parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. as well as a family tree showing relationships between those characters (in the bios), my character, and in some cases famous characters in the game (this applies only to my present character who has some famous relatives).

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote