View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: LFM with an Intuitive Combat System

No kidding. I've been holding my tongue about that game, but in addition to the fact that there isn't the slightest clue given to you about how to get started or what you're supposed to do be even remotely successful at the game, or even basic commands, I wasted over an hour bumming around the starting city, because we all know that simple cardinal directions are outdated, and unique roleplaying muds are set apart by making you type "go gray stairs" and "go blue archway" every time you want to enter that inn across the street, granted the gray stairs and blue archway go to the same place even though there's nothing in the room description that would indicate that these two seemingly unique exits represent the same doorway to the same inn that could have just been "north" like any other mud. Oh yeah, and let's stuff every single room in the starting town with ten exits like those two that require you to type a descriptive phrase to move one room. And even though only six people play, it's a great idea to give all twelve races 6 or 7 subraces each. And turn the normal stats everyone is used to into twice as many stats with no explanation what each is good for. Because the best way to set apart a great mud from the mainstream muds is to rename everything, make twice as much of everyhing, and make the gameplay completely unrecognizable to a normal mudder.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote