View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
eax

eax is on a distinguished road
searching for good IF adventure with levelling+need advice

I play extreme amounts of games but muds while I can appreciate them I have been looking for one to get into for a while now. I played one a while back, three kingdoms I think and I loved the detailed character interaction but being 28 years of age and someone who jumped on the PC bandwagon a bit later in life I dont have the luxury of knowing all the mud commands(Not just talking N,S,E, W here )

Anyway loved the story aspect of three kingdoms but the puzzles were for mud veterans who had been playing muds for years. Long story short I wanted to post on your forum regarding a new concept I read about "Interactive fiction" you see I figured some of those come with manuals so I could learn all the commands and they should have decent NPC interactions and lots of diversity. I was actually wanting to use your forum to ask if people new of a IF that was really deep in the storyline and npc aspect , and that Im able to play some old games through emulation if needed. Im looking for a vampire theme but its got to be more than just, hack slash, random spawn , kill, go say quest done, npc say Ok go kill 10 more demented grey goats rinse repeat

Just to say I do like the hack slash element and the levelling , character building is very important in saying what Ive said but I also want to be having to speak to NPCs and involved in an epic story with lots of quests and unique elements , perhaps where you can own towns or something? You know generally rise in power. One kind of IF where you get turned into a vampire or something. I know there are muds like this but with an IF well in some ways I think they will have more scope being SP. I have also been looking at the old infocom games but have never played them before, are those generally the best IFs? and is there any that involves levelling, fighting , getting more powerful , perhaps becomming part of a vampire clan or something?
eax is offline   Reply With Quote