Thread: OUCH!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2003, 07:23 PM   #9
vedic

vedic is on a distinguished road
I readily agreed that some of the items would affect gameplay, but also that there are alternates available within the game itself that did not require donation. There is also the donation dollar method that levels the field between people who have money and people who don't.

The number of positive reviews for Materia Magica, and the fact that it is number two on the mud list after coming back from a long hiatus, should speak for itself. Players aren't bribed to post positive reviews or to vote by the Administration, yet they do it anyway, and the result is many positive reviews that are there are from players who genuinely enjoy the game.

I've never heard of "the Skinner model", so I have no idea what he's talking about there. There are obvious factual inconsistencies in what he is saying but as I don't want to turn this into a flame, I will just say:

Friedman is a supposed "former" character that has been deleted from the game under an alternate nickname for abuse and harassment, yet for some reason continues to get pleasure from continuing to harass it. I'm sure admins of other games are familiar with these types of people as well, who have been kicked off the game for countless violations yet seem to derive some pleasure out of harassing the game, trying to ruin its reputation, etc... having Materia Magica appear again on the top mud sites list gave him another forum for which he could air his grievances, and he has abused it admirably.

You can't get rid of players like this, as they continue to log into the game and possibly even play it under alternate nicknames, but take every chance they can get to bash the game Administration - it's a weird love/hate kind of relationship. The only thing the Admins can do is wait for the person to mature and hopefully grow out of it. The fact that the vast majority of Materia Magica's players find the game to be fun and don't seem to hate the Admins, is lost on people like this.

He makes characters in order to access Materia Magica's message boards and post flames and insults and obsenities at other players; he has posted several vendetta reviews that were overwhelmingly obvious as mere flames and as a result were removed. Therefore, please take anything he posts here or anywhere else with a very large grain of salt.
vedic is offline   Reply With Quote