View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #24
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Admining and Playing

The difference though is that your admin-played PCs have the power and knowledge of an admin. Whereas the players have nothing but their wits to go into the fray with. Actively playing a character, AND an admin gives you a huge advantage over players, as an admin you are the all-seeing, all-dancing crap of the world. (can anyone spot the reference?). You can see what all other characters are doing, you also have your imm channel with plenty of gossip going on, not to mention your special commands like goto, wizinvis, etc.

In an RPI setting especially, they already have the knowledge that gives an unfair advantage against players, and god forbid you ever manage to kill or assassinate an admin-played PC, they will just show up a week later unscathed. Yeah I've had bad experiences, but experiences are what shape our opinions, so my opinion will stand that this conflict of interest has no place in RPI muds. Not an active PC and an admin anyways, if you want to play the game, fine, but not with an active immortal, it's just a conflict of interest that I wouldn't want to have to deal with in my mud anyway.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote