View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
Greenstorm

Greenstorm is on a distinguished road
I've played limited relationships of this type, between females, where there was less a capital-R gettin-married sort of thing going and more a casual fling type thing. I don't think anyone noticed, to be honest, but the theme was such that it wasn't a big deal. They didn't even walk around holding hands, though there was a bunch of hugging and stuff, and I imagine people thought that was 'just friendly'. So, little experience, but no social consequence.

It's something I'd like to experiment more with on Chiaroscuro, where there's an emphasis in two seperate cultures on avoiding pregnancy before marriage, and a somewhat patriarchal society in both cases. It seems like it might be a good (discreetly done) socially acceptable outlet. I definitely play female characters who are interested generally in female characters there, and that seems to be a little outre, but fine (yes, well, isn't that cute, whatever floats your boat hon, they say). That sort of patronising, leave-it-be response has happened only with potential stuff, though, and not when the char was faced with actual evidence of such a relationship.

Out of character, I have had no trouble as yet.
Greenstorm is offline   Reply With Quote