View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #12
pwyll

pwyll is on a distinguished road
I have never seen it, but I wondered if anyone has ever tried to implement an intro system where the new player's choices affected their character potential and make up.

For example, if an NPC has an item people need and they are presented with a choice of killing the creature or bartering, does the choice affect their alignment, trading ability in the game, etc?

And if the NPC is stunned and drops the item, does the player take the item and leave or take the item and kill the NPC--does the choice impact aspects of their character as well?

And so on.

I know there is at least one game that gives you profession choices in the intro where if you decide to be a scholar you get certain bonusses and if you decide to be a woods guide, you get others, etc, etc. and you are told what bonuses the choice will give you.

I was just wondering if anyone created a game where you had choices and the repercussions were a little less transparent so that the character's potential is shaped more by the choices the player makes in accordance with how they envision their character to act and less by an attempt to massage numbers.
pwyll is offline   Reply With Quote