Thread: give me a mud
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #14
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Armageddon has some coded unarmed skills such as kick, bash, disarm, shield use, and if you're mounted, charge (your mount runs into the other guy while you're mounted).

It also has unarmed skill that doesn't show up on your skills list, though certain races come with a better capacity for it than others.

The teach command only works to give the "student" a small boost in a skill they already have, if that skill is set low enough and the "teacher's" skill is high enough. Once the student's skill rises to a "less than newbie" level the "teach" command won't work for that skill, so it's really not a factor.

The classes, as mentioned in another post, exist to support the roleplay. You aren't stuck in a niche when you pick a class, a player picking "assassin" isn't pigeon-holed into playing an actual assassin. It's just a set of skills, some of which player Joe might find suits his character's background and personality better than another class might. I had a merchant character who was a family member of the "real estate" family and I decided since she's the one who rented out all the apartments, she'd have a good idea about how to get those locks open. So I picked the burglar class for her. She wasn't a burglar, I just thought that one skill might come in handy some day and be appropriate given her background. I think I used the skill a dozen times in total, primarily on a box that came with her own apartment, that I never did manage to pick open, heh.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote