View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

I've to the public domain =). The potential users of my codebases aren't your average mud coder though, as most sections of the code are overengineered and the entire system requires a thorough knowledge of C++ and related programming principles to understand. Its primary goal (aside from my own entertainment ;)) is to be of use to those that wish to see how certain code designs play out in a working implementation. So it's only really of any utility to people concerned with these design issues, i.e. those that are writing codebases themselves.

Certain ideas I've been working on through the codebase are template systems for modifying the format and content of strings in the game, generic database layers, inheritance-driven client/server architecture, dynamic loading of compiled code, a one-type system for objects (not different types for things like inanimates, mobs, pcs, areas, etc.), traditional and spacial area systems, and little things here and there to increase maintainability and robustness =).
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote