Thread: FCC Blames WoW
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: FCC Blames WoW

Sorry, this is really silly... your assumption is that all MUD'ders turn into coders / builders? um.. no. Wow allows all kind of oppotunities to develop life skills.. team building, leadership, strategy, all the many wierd wonderful and sometimes incredible websites, community building, and learning the value of economy, saving, trading. MUD /WoW are the equivalent "waste of time". However, they are both hobbies and have their places in our lives.

I personally found MUD's.. especially the immersive one that I played to be far far more addictive than WoW. You can develop a deep feeling / closeness with your character and characters you relate / interact with, and as its all in your head, it can dominate and influence feelings and emotions.

After 10 years of muds, I moved onto WoW (now for nearly 2 years) and have more spare time than ever before to do things like the gym, exams, coding. People getting sucked into WoW and developing an addiction.. if it wasnt WoW it would be something else.

However I can see why it can be addicive, .. 2I just need 50 more gold to get a better mount... one more hour".. but I have never had full day sessions / full weekends like I did with MUD's.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote