View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Please Help Find!

I'd give you the standard answer that a good game is never done, but we're actually opening our doors very, very soon.

The professions are extremely basic. They only create a framework for your character. Character customization comes from where you want to apply your training. The skill trees are open, so you can start with an Elementalist profession but happily train up your melee combat skills or your lock picking skills based on where you want to put your points. You can actually even take your hobby points and spend them on cooking (crafting), mercantilism (crafting) or healing (support). Professions simply give you a starting point and some basic powers.

Mythic created some of the best nuking classes in all the games that I have tried and played. I absolutely love so many of their nukers. (I really hated some of them, too, while they were melting my avatar's face.) Nuking for us works with casting time and specialization with different combat styles for partying or soloing. It's a basic system that is easy to learn but challenging to master. We'd love feedback in this area, of course.

Gemstone IV is their flagship game, but one of our devs has friends working on Dragonrealms. They say that DR is more RP oriented. Either way, the Simu guys make a pretty cohesive and fun game. I'm not really into the balance style combat, so I haven't explored very far.

Good luck and have a safe trip. I might find you to pick your brain about DFC. I really regret missing out on that mud considering how much I loved DAoC.

Last edited by Milawe : 11-02-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Miscounted the number of Gemstone incarnations.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote