View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 03:01 AM   #19
Myra

Myra is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Myra Send a message via Yahoo to Myra
Smile

I like the idea of colors, but they have to be somewhat uniform and make sense in regards to the area/object/mob they are being used with. And DEFINITELY, as it seems everyone agrees, too much color is a headache and a bad thing. We, being a relatively newer MUD, have alot of younger, newer builders. Everyone does a pretty good job, but when first learning to build, tends to make rooms/objects/mobs with huge alternating colors of every rainbow! Fortuneately our head builder has to approve everything that goes in, and an editting team helps out as well to guide people in what is expected. I don't mind a description in a room (ie forest) being all green with one or two words highlighted, but when everything in the room is colored specially, that can get annoying.

Players can also, in some respects, choose their colors for their titles, descriptions etc. but I find that most will tend to go with what they see around them, if not crazy then they won'ts be crazy, and the few that are, well they are quickly discouraged by those of us playing who complain of headaches. hehe.
Myra is offline   Reply With Quote