Thread: Rpimud.com?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Rpimud.com?

Dear players,

Not to be a downer, but I did want to set the record straight that many gamers and admins do not agree with this group of clearly one sided style of administration and coding. It is important to note that several roleplay intensive games sometimes classified as enforced roleplay somehow do not meet the criteria because of odd rules of this group (mainly their own coding style, an example might be the style of death or what types of channels or forums you have). This is very similar to having a certain pk group of games and calling them PKMUDS.org classifying themselves at the true PK MUDs but only games that have levels and PK are authorized to be in the PKMUD.org. Kind of silly since many games have pk, but do not have levels, for example.

My point is that it is offensive to claim this group as the roleplay gaming site for MUDs. It is not. It is a niche roleplay gaming site for people who like a certain style of gaming code like enforced permadeath and ultra long descriptives.

I hope the site is slightly changed or at least the administrators either follow their own rules on what constitues RPI included games or not, because from what I could tell of the old site, some of the games weren't even RP Enforced and some didn't follow the criteria defined in other threads on TMS specifically about what constitutes RPI in terms of RPIMUD games (as we all know it is an endless argument on what truly constitues roleplay intensive and we've been through that before).

Before anyone cries sour grapes or whiner pants, let me assure you that NW and other highly intensive RP games that are not in the exclusive (and very code subjective) criteria of the RPImud term, have strong player bases are successfull and have great roleplay. We do not wish to be somehow included in this group or associated with it. We just want the record to be clear that this is not a bless all thank all join all location for people with a high degree of roleplaying experience, talent, and quality.

So, not to squelch what RPIMUD is doing, I wish them success in the endeavor and to the players that enjoy the style of gaming, just be reminded that it is a group based on a certain codebase and style and not on the definition of intensive roleplay.

I likely should make a new thread about this which I might do if there is some confusion here.

Thank you.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote