View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
Ntanel

Ntanel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ntanel
This ia a touchy place to have such a topic when this site is an affiliate.  I think that TMC is tastefully done for a web site using frames.

I have to assume that WP and IR either paid to have the database pointing out that they host certain entries or simply asked Iccy out of the kindness of his heart.  TMC runs its own server, so you bet it cost a pretty penny to run, so this favor could pay off later if not already.

In addition, TMC is huge and one person maintains it all.  Icculus is lucky to keep as much of it as up to date as he does now.  I am a smidge bias running MudWorld, an affiliate of TMC as well, but I know how hard it is to keep updating a site with hundreds and thousands of pages.  Affiliates of MudWorld are signified by an asterix near their names in our Mudlists.  It does not stick out like a link saying, "Hosted by WolfPaw", but it is all part and parcel of reconition.

All in all, it is not worth the complaining, though I would have placed a <br> after the "hosted by" link instead of having it on the same line as the site's name.  That is just me, hehe.
Ntanel is offline   Reply With Quote