View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #23
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Re: Are you experienced?

I started in roleplaying in 1987 or 88 at the age of 6 or 7 when I inherited my cousin's old 1st Ed D&D books, and managed to finagle my way into getting the DMG and PG of AD&D the Christmas of my 10th birthday, playing D&D campaigns with people almost twice my age by the age of 12.

I think my first foray into MU*ing was in 1994, when I was 13. Internet was still dial-up then, so my friends and I played every lunch and study hall during junior high through a black and green terminal in the library. Something at Carrion Fields caused us to leave (it very well could have been one of us getting banned, causing us all to be banned), and we moved to Asritya in early 1995, and I eventually became an admin there (Cernunnos or somesuch). We tried to insert complex plots and rp into the environment there, but just as often, we were trying to pull off complex heists to break the code and become the richest and most powerful.

I continued to play Asritya throughout high school and my first year of college, but it was increasingly clear to me that it was never going to be a great rp spot, and I started looking at Mud Connector religiously for a new game, trying dozens for a week at a time. During the late summer of 2000, I found . Despite being a fantasy person and a mud person, this Sci-fi MUSH had a major draw for me, and I stuck. By late winter of 2001, I was an admin there.

The banner spread out over the years to be called Join The Saga (JTS), and I admined on those games over time, shifting to Chiaroscuro when it opened in 2002, briefly on Star Wars: ROE in 2002 or 2003, and shifting my time back and forth between Chiaroscuro and OtherSpace for several years. I played for a few months on SerenityMUSH in 2008, but couldn't stand the politics there, and played for a few months on some D&D 3rd Edition MUSH, but didn't understand enough about 3rd Ed format to do well there.

Three of the four JTS games consolidated and slightly rebooted in 2009, so now I spend all my time there. I'm really excited about the potential of everyone working together to build a rich, interactive world together in this new environment.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote