View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #24
KooshyKoo

Home MUD: NorCon MUSH
KooshyKoo is on a distinguished road
Re: Are you experienced?

Pern (oh man ) really started my interest in role-playing when I was in my first years of high school. It actually started with my writing original character fan fiction to win adoptable dragons from different websites. Sounds so exciting, right?? While googling around checking for new sites to write for and apply at, I stumbled upon PernMUSH. After a few tentative attempts at connection and stumbling around, I finally really made a character.

From that point on, I was absolutely hooked to MUSHing and real RPing. His name was Banain and he was a young, awkward and OCD resident at Igen Weyr. He was hysterical, he was sweet and he was very dear to me. Since then I've had a variety of characters that I've played over the years. I briefly tried playing on Fort Bloodshed but found that the play there wasn't exactly condusive to my personal style, despite a western seemingly like a totally cool game idea.

When I went to college, I took a brief break from gaming. Only to return about a year later. (Me = Gaming Addict) I came back to PernMUSH, created a new character. I fell into a group of players that were relationship and plot driven folks. They just totally made my experience a hundred times more amazing and really elevated it above the normal fluffy Pern gaming. My character went to jail, he got in trouble. He felt real desperation. His life nearly collapsed. I was totally riveted.

Due to difficulties with the Wiz on PernMUSH the more driven players left sometime last summer, creating their own haven at NorCon. Where I'm currently playing. :-)

Recently I've diverged into a classic D&D game and another tabletop game based off Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms. This new RPing has given me some fresh perspective.

That's me in a nutshell!
KooshyKoo is offline   Reply With Quote