View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #245
chaosprime

Home MUD: Lost Souls
chaosprime will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: What does "Free" Mean?

My belief that you're acting in good faith is eroding kinda rapidly. It's looking more like you believe that you'll somehow benefit from the selections carrying the message that all MUDs that accept money in any form are the same, so whichever type of revenue structure you have is no different from a MUD with a cafepress store where you can get shirts with their logo on it.

I feel as if you're sort of humiliating yourself by trying to conceal your payment model that way. You're a professional MUD administrator, man; you'd earn a lot more respect by stepping up and calling a spade a spade. If you have the guts to base a business plan on it, you ought to have the guts to stand up in public and say that X, Y, and Z is exactly the way you do business and you're okay with it. If you're not proud enough of what you're doing to do that, then that's something you need to give some serious examination.

You might feel like you're committed to the tack you've been taking, that you'd be opening yourself to ridicule by changing positions, but I'd ask you to seriously reconsider that. It's never too late to do things better than you were a minute ago.

That argument is very nearly paranoid. That interpretation is not necessary in any way. The mostly likely explanation for any such lack of support is that they find it tangential to the issue at hand.
chaosprime is offline   Reply With Quote