View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:02 AM   #37
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Re: Reasons to promote/discuss your MUD on TMS.

Except I obviously don't think that, which is why Carrion Fields has always allowed players to write reviews, why we actively encourage our players to do so, and why I've held a consistent stance that third-party sites like TMS should allow it. My actions dictate that I do think reviews, in aggregate, are valuable feedback.

In this thread alone, you've referred to the majority of player reviewers as 'blatant suckups', 'enraged haters', and/or 'misanthropes'. You've claimed that 'anything short of professional reviews is effectively spam'. This attitude unfortunately pervades a lot of threads here on TMS. Now, if a player comes here and sees posts of that sort from MUD administrators going unopposed, how likely are they to contribute to the community? If no players are coming here, what good is your promotional material?

Individual reviews can be bad or good, which is where moderation comes in. It's no different from forums. There are plenty of posts on the forums which I don't think much of, but I'm not advocating that we shut down all forums.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote