View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Help me out, please :)

Hello! I'm new to the forums, not so new to the MUD scene. I'm out of a MUD to play as mine went down as so many seem to do these days, at least the not so well known ones. Since then I've had a really difficult time finding something that will suit me. I am pretty picky I guess!! But perhaps you can help me out? I'll give you a few things that I've really enjoyed in MUDs so far.

Fun world to explore: I enjoy exploring, if its for a reason. If there's no reason to explore then usually I don't. If there's more of a motive behind it then its a lot more fun!! Like for instance.. finding things in secret "hidey" holes or behind rocks is really fun to me! One example of this was 4 Dimensions, I really did enjoy that aspect of the game, but as I am not big on quests at all and more into roleplay... well you could see where I wouldn't quite fit in there.

Roleplay: I am VERY picky here... I would have to say this is one of my most picky topics. I like a world where I am not FORCED to roleplay but one that is condusive for it all by itself. A world where I will want to roleplay because the atmosphere is good. Not one that I have to roleplay because they say I have to. I like an atmosphere that immerses you into it nicely and doesn't feel like a prison... like say... the IRE games always felt that way to me with their houses or guilds. Anyway, hopefully that's a good enough explanation.

PK: I, personally am not a PKer, but it does not bother me if the world has it or if it doesn't. So long as I am not forced to be a part of it. Optional PK would be fine.

Combat: Lets see.. I don't have a set preference really to combat, I don't like a hack-n-slash environment. It would be nice if there were more to combat than "Kill thing" and then watch it go by. Like maybe.. other.. options to use or something in battle.

Skills: I prefer to have a set skillset already when I join, like in a guild. Or ones that I will gain as I get levels rather than having to choose which ones I want, because typically I don't know what I want and I'd rather just be given some. Its easier to learn the game that way without having to worry about the 100's of skills you can choose from.

Crafting/something else to do than combat: I enjoy other activities in a MUD than just combat. I don't like to restring but I like to gather and stuff like that.. create potions out of raw materials etc. The first MUD I used to play had a set up herb system where you'd pick the herbs every 4 or so hours and you could plant your own in the right climate. It was repeative but I enjoyed it. Something like this might be fun

So... I'm sure there aren't many MUDs out there that have ALL of these. But if your MUD has at least the RP requirement I would be willing to try it probably.
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote