Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #8
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Re: hello

Sorry you feel that way, and my ego is not so fragile that I need to boast, and that wasnt the point of my reply.

We were all new once, I gave you advice as opposed to writing a one line answer damning your website. My very first website was designed for my companies intranet.. a personnel directory and it took me months. When it was finished and went live, it was a hash of bouncing gif's animation, terrible layouts and errors. A few people pointed this out and my only response was "this took me months you bastards" and I got ****ty... then after a few days I looked at it and thought "It really is bad, and very unprofessional". SO I went away, learned how to use CSS for layouts, read all the latest in accessibility standards, and bought magazines so I could see the websites that were winning awards.

I added fireworks, and flash to my portfolio, and scrapped Frontpage and hand coded all my pages in Coldfusion (I now use PHP) and within 3 months redesigned the whole thing and didnt get a single complaint, and plenty of interest. I built in security, and users were able to login an update their own details, upload photos etc.

So in summary You can either take my advice on board (not as definitive advice, but steps towards a goal), or go cry in a corner and give up.. one of these choices is pointless. I do not retract what I have said, the world is full of people who will pay you lipservice to avoid hurting your feelings.. I am not one of them, and the forums are full of people who will slam you down without giving advice, I am not one of them either.

You have the desire to make webpages, Good On You! So now give peope something they need. If you want to take on the likes of IGN.COM etc, give us something better. NOWGAMER have tried, and have come up with a very nice modular site which can be tailored by the user

Needless to say, this is my last comment on the subject with your current attitude. I am not the voice of TMS, just a forum user so please carry on pushing your site by all means.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote